Well when we grew old either we like it or not our hearing will not be sharp as it is when we are young, that’s why hearing aid was develop to help older people and other people with hearing problems.
According to what I have read each person’s hearing loss is unique. The benefits of hearing aids are dependent on the degree of loss and ability to understand speech sounds as well as the type of hearing aid. Additionally, environmental sounds and architecture can influence hearing. In general, hearing aids may:
- Increase ability to hear environmental sounds
- Reduce speech reading effort
- Reduce communication stress/fatigue level
- Improve understanding of speech with or without visual cues
- Improve ability to use the telephone
- Increase appreciation of music